10 N. Martingale Road
Schaumburg, Illinois 60173
Vice President Applications & Technology
MAGMA® Foundry Technologies, Inc. is the industry leading supplier of casting process simulation and optimization software, as well as related education and engineering services. MAGMA® has been the pacesetter in defining a new direction for the metal casting industry. Its development and use of simulation has provided new insights into the casting process. New methods for optimizing castings and metal casting processes have come from these innovative developments.
MAGMA® Foundry Technologies, Inc. was founded in 1991 as fully owned subsidiary of MAGMA Giessereitechnologie Gmbh in Aachen, Germany (founded in 1988). MAGMA® Foundry Technologies, Inc. continuously grew to currently 15 employees in size and also founded SIGMA® Plastic Services, Inc. in 2006 to provide the plastic injection molding industry with the benefits of process simulation. The total operation in the US currently employs 20 people and is the largest subsidiary of MAGMA®, a worldwide operation of over 200 associates serving over 1600 customers and over 1900 licenses. MAGMA® Foundry Technologies, Inc. serves approximately 200 customers with over 250 licenses.
MAGMA® Foundry Technologies is dedicated to change the metalcasting industry by making casting process simulation a mandatory and essential business tool for foundries. We want to make our customers successful by providing and implementing leading-edge casting process simulation and optimization software into their operation, by providing related education and engineering services. We want to serve the entire casting-design, -production, and -application world to benefit the relationships between casting-designers, -suppliers, and -users.
Products and Services
MAGMASOFT® simulates nearly any alloy in sand, as well as permanent mold casting processes, additional modules were specifically developed for the following applications:
- MAGMAiron – micromodeling used for correct shrinkage-, microstructure- and mechanical property-prediction in gray, compacted and ductile iron
- MAGMAsteel – simulates convection, segregation and heat treatment in low alloyed steel castings
- MAGMAlpdc – describes the low pressure die casting process
- MAGMAhpdc – describes the high pressure die casting process
- MAGMAinvestmentcasting – describes the investment casting process
- MAGMAlink – to transfer results to Finite Element Analysis tools
- MAGMA C+M – core and mold making simulation